Daring to chase his musical ambitions all the way to America, the world is now the stage for the irreplaceable House stylings of Max Vangeli. Described by MTV as "One of the most promising artists for 2011", he has excelled all expectations in his accession to the high end of his craft. Injecting an unmistakable energy into every avenue of his career, his forthcoming debut album alongside best friend AN21 featuring collaborations with Steve Angello and Tiesto is enough to indicate that with so much momentum already behind him, there is little stopping this master of emotive House anthems.
01. Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash – Reload (Original Mix)
02. Calvin Harris Ft. Example – We'll Be Coming Back (Michael Woods New Vocal Remix)
03. Sultan & Ned Shepard Vs. Thomas Sagstad Feat. Dirty Vegas – Somebody to Love (Third Party Remix)
04. AN21 & Max Vangeli – Vafan (Original Mix)
05. AN21, Max Vangeli & Michael Woods – Nightfall In The Air (POTN Booty)
06. AN21 & Max Vangeli – Fresh Start Your Life (POTN Booty)
07. Chocolate Puma & Firebeatz – Just One More Time Baby (Original Mix)
08. Nari & Milani – Atom Fucks LTWB (POTN Booty)
09. Lenny Is An Epic Fuker (POTN Booty)
10. Swedish House Mafia Feat. John Martin – Don't You Worry Child (Original Mix)
11. Wild Brohammer (POTN Booty)
12. Burns – Lies (Otto Knows Mix)
13. AN21 & Max Vangeli Feat. Rudy – This Far (Original Mix)
How has your year been? What’s kept you busy gig and production wise?
-We've had such an incredible year so far, We didn't just finished & released our debut album 'People Of The Night', We got to tour it in Europe, North & South America as well as Asia. What else is there to do? Album tour on Mars with Curiousity? Definitely has been an incredible experience so far!
And what have been some standout highlights?
-Spent a lot of time in Ibiza this summer. Supporting Swedish House Mafia at Ushuaia during the day on wednesdays as well as Erick Morillo at Pacha at night. Our nights at Amnesia with Cream has been incredible too! The whole summer was just one amazing highlight!
And have your musical tastes and influences evolved or changed much this year; have you played differently or produced differently than last year?
-We worked on our 'POTN' album for two years and one of the reasons why it took so long was because we wanted each track to be in a different style but still with our sound to it. Im sure some of our fans were shocked to hear a few records on the album, but that was our goal…to diversify it.
Can you write music on the road or do you need to be at home in the studio?
-Actually 80% of the album is done on the road. All we need is our laptops, headphones & some diet coke. Whenever we have time off and Antoine and I are in the same city together we try to get in a big studio to finish the songs, especially making sure it sounds good on the big speakers!!
Do you think anyone who can beatmatch is a DJ? What is Djing more than that do you think?
-With todays technology its not about beatmatching anymore. Theres a lot of DJs out there who are using computers or vice versa, and it works for them. That way they can put their time into making something more creative and interesting instead. So at the end of the day it really makes no difference.
When you play together who does what – do you each have set jobs or…?
-Not really we sort of just go with the flow and try and have fun.
What else have you got comingup/are you excited about?
-We were in London a while ago with the entire Size Matters family, boss Steve Angello, Third Party, Qulinez & Tim Mason. We rented a big complex with 3 different studios and made a few songs all together!! Was probably the most fun we've ever had in the studio actually. 8 different producers in a big musical orgie! Anyone curious how it sounds? Stay tuned!
What should people expect from one of your current sets?
-Well at this point its a lot of our album stuff, with a mix of some unreleased SIZE records as well as edits and bootlegs we like.
What do you like to do away from music to relax?
-Basically the same thing most people like. Hang out with friends and family and try not to think about music too much.
- Size Matters party @ ADE 2012 – Steve Angello, AN21 & Max Vangeli, Third Party
- Max Vangeli September 2012 Podcast
- Steve Angello – Yeah [Size Records]
- Artist Album: AN21 & Max Vangeli – People Of The Night
- AN21 & Max Vangeli feat. Julie McKnight – Bombs Over Capitals [Size Records]
- Max Vangeli August 2012 Podcast
Featured FREE Download: